Coffee Cheek Wants A Good Cup

I have decided to spend the next year of my life documenting my journey of coffee discovery. Everyday I will brew a cup of coffee, hoping to come closer to perfection. And, I'll be telling you all about it. Seriously, I'm not boring.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Really, I need a new hobby...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I breath into my cup...


Journies... every life has one. Every one must go through one in order to become a greater person than they already are....

Okay, that is enough of me waxing philosophical. This is day one of my journey for the finest cup of coffee, the journey to conneseur-dom. My love for coffee began when I was 18 and my friend Kay and I would go down the street to the local coffee shop for lunch. We were chic, ordering iced mochas and turkey sandwiches. Our friendship began with those cups - isn't that what coffee drinking is all about?

However, after years of drinking girly commercial iced blended specialty coffee (and may Frappucinnos go to Hades), I dicovered the power of the bean, of the brew. My plane from Walla Walla, Washington gets canceled because of the snow and I have to bunk up in Terri's tiny studio apartment - a motel room reconverted is what it really was. She and I watched Friends and she introduced me to coffee. My first cup was an italian roast.

My eyes were opened and I longed for her coffee sophistication. However, it's been five months since my night with Terri, five months of fumbling with Don Fransisco, Folger's, and, shuddger, generic. It's only been recently that I have taken myself to purchasing beans from exotic locales, with Terri's words pulsating in the back of my mind. How could I have wasted so much time?

So, I am on a journey to find the perfect cup. Coffee is like wine, if you cherish it. But you must understand the cup, learn the cup, in order to really appreciate the cup. And I have set out to do that. With my Toastmaster grinder newly purchased from Amazon.com today and my Mrs Tea (I don't have a proper coffee maker but it's an added expense when I have something that does the exact same thing), I will take a journey, cup by cup, bean by bean, bag by bag, until I have found the perfect cup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counters