Coffee Cheek Wants A Good Cup

I have decided to spend the next year of my life documenting my journey of coffee discovery. Everyday I will brew a cup of coffee, hoping to come closer to perfection. And, I'll be telling you all about it. Seriously, I'm not boring.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Really, I need a new hobby...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Black Coffee

Mocha Java: Day 3

My GERD is acting up this morning, robbing me of the true appreciation for my black Mocha Java blend. I brewed a pot, used filtered tap (I'm starting to think there is almost no difference between bottled and filtered in your cup) and then poured it into a fancy-schmancy mug that told me that Teachers Are Special. I've been contemplating getting true coffee cups, porceline with cute, little saucers, but my bank acount tells me that it's not a good idea. If there is a controlling force in my life, it is my account balance.

Mocha Java brews with almost no bitterness. I took in a mouthful and savored it for a full 10 seconds, feeling the weight on the back of my tongue, scenting the bouquet, enjoying the aftertaste. While ignoring the rumblings of my esophogus, I have come to this conclusion:

I know nothing about coffee.

But I can drink it black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counters