Coffee Cheek Wants A Good Cup

I have decided to spend the next year of my life documenting my journey of coffee discovery. Everyday I will brew a cup of coffee, hoping to come closer to perfection. And, I'll be telling you all about it. Seriously, I'm not boring.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Really, I need a new hobby...

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Oooh! That stings!


The more I research coffee, the more I realize that I know jack squat. I'm a college graduate though. That means that I can fake it well enough to sound passably smart. Like my post yesterday. It sounded intelligent, well researched (in my opinion, at least). However, the more I read on the topic, the more I realized how poorly researched I am. But, you always have to start somewhere, right?

I am determined to taste whatever the heck acidity is. I read that acidity is like wine being dry. Acidity gives it a crisp, sharp, bright flavor. I kept that in mind as a brewed another pot. I pulled my International Delight out of the fridge, and kept it handy for when I was ready for it. But I was determined to taste those notes.

I took a sip. Bitter. Ok, I need a bigger sip. A sip that will sit on the back of my tongue. There it is. Bright and crisp, right on the sides of my tongue. If cranberry juice tasted like coffee instead of cranberry juice, that is my Mocha Java Blend. Ok, not that dry. But, I could taste it. Now do I like it?

I like it better with my International Delight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counters