Coffee Cheek Wants A Good Cup

I have decided to spend the next year of my life documenting my journey of coffee discovery. Everyday I will brew a cup of coffee, hoping to come closer to perfection. And, I'll be telling you all about it. Seriously, I'm not boring.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Really, I need a new hobby...

Monday, May 22, 2006

A nice, VERY NICE, alternative


Since my coffee maker is out of commission and I have decided to not purchase a new one but wait for another Mrs Tea, I had to run over to the local espresso hut for coffee. Usually, I am shy about ordering plain coffee and I take the opportunity of when I go to espresso huts to drink specialty coffees. I got myself a skinny latte, adulterated with gobs of caramel. But the thing I liked the most about my espresson hut was the drive-thru guy.

Normally, I like clean cut, Ryan Seacrest looking guys (with out the stubble). But when the drive-thru guy smiled at me, my heart began to race. Could it have been the long blonde hair? His wide smile? His tall figure? Either way, I don't mind my coffee maker being out of commission, as long as I can have a little bit of hunk with it.

You can almost always get an adequate cup of coffee at places like that. In my opinion at least. I was reading a review of the new McCafe by McDonald's and once again, I felt terribly ignorant of all things coffee. This nerdy gentleman can actually take an espresso and evaluate its quality (I don't quiet have the guts for that). He could probably taste the complexity of the bean of which my latte was made, despite it being so sweetened and creamed that you might as well be drinking coffee flavored hot chocolate.

I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I can be a purchaser for a large corp, so good is my palate. But perhaps someday I can appreciate coffee to the point where if someone asks me "Is that place any good?" I can give them an educated answer. I'll have earn my tortise shell rimmed glasses and cardigan then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counters